Nuvolari

Track surface

Hi there,

one question about surface... I already own a track with “upturned” carpet, do you think it may work for drifting?

Thank you!

Bye,

Nuv

I don't really know what you mean with "upturned". Can you show me a picture or something similar?

But to answer your question: Pretty much any surface should work. Even carpets, as long as they're flat and smooth enough. But at least to me, it's more fun on actual tracks.

Posted (edited)

Thank you for reply.

I was meaning the back side of a moquette, like this:

Please log in to see the attachements

Edited by Nuvolari

Looks like it's some kind of flat rubber surface, so it should be fine.

This would be my true surface, hard to show exactly how it looks like: in green is moquette side up, in grey (where the cars run) is back side.

Bye,

Nuv

Please log in to see the attachements

Posted (edited)

The texture and the color makes it look really realistic. That's actually pretty clever.

I just hope the texture isn't too rough for the car. I mean, it should work just fine for drifting, but there's a slight chance that the surface is too rough and the car starts to "wobble" or vibrate. But that's hard to analyse, judging by one picture.

Edited by Stormy
  • Thanks 1