Zum Inhalt springen

mdf track

Teilen

Empfohlene Beiträge

Hi all,

I've searched the forum, but did not find an answer.

Have people build tracks out of mdf already? Not as a support layer, but really as a track surface? A little test seems to show that the cars drive well on it. 
Is there a reason not to do it. More wear on the cars maybe? 

I'd love to build a modular track. Just to combine my love for racing and landscape building. 

Any thoughts?

grts

Maarten

Hi Maarten,

you can also use MDF boards as a base. But I would paint them to have a clean surface.

The dirt that you then have on the vehicle tends to collect on an MDF board that is unpainted.
In our team we had a track on an MDF board, but it worked not as we expected. The dirt was a big problem.

But basically it should work.

Regards

Hi, 

Thanks for your answer!

Painting the track is part of the scenery ofcourse. :)

Tests show that adding extra's like an asphalt look trough dipping with a sponge make the surface a little rougher. Could this cause problems for the car?

I used MDF 4mm for my track. But the cars were too loud for me, so I glued 2mm cork on top.

The structure of the cork really almost looks like road surface. When it's painted. 😉

No matter how you apply the paint, it is always rough and you have more abrasion from the nib. Doesn´t cost that much to buy a new one in the Store...

Yes, they are really loud on an MDF board, that's right.

There is certainly a reason why most people use a race track. You might have to take a look at the guys here in the forum who have built their own routes. I don't know what surface they used.

Here is an example:

Bearbeitet von NorthWave

Dein Kommentar

Du kannst jetzt schreiben und Dich später registrieren. Wenn Du ein Konto hast, melde Dich jetzt an, um unter Deinem Benutzernamen zu schreiben.

Gast
Auf dieses Thema antworten...

×   Du hast formatierten Text eingefügt.   Formatierung jetzt entfernen

Nur 75 Emojis sind erlaubt.

×   Dein Link wurde automatisch eingebettet.   Einbetten rückgängig machen und als Link darstellen

×   Dein vorheriger Inhalt wurde wiederhergestellt.   Editor leeren

×   Du kannst Bilder nicht direkt einfügen. Lade Bilder hoch oder lade sie von einer URL.

Teilen

• Neu erstellen...

Wichtige Information

Um unsere Webseite für Sie optimal zu gestalten und fortlaufend verbessern zu können, verwenden wir Cookies. Durch die weitere Nutzung der Webseite stimmen Sie der Verwendung von Cookies zu. Weitere Informationen zu Cookies erhalten Sie in unserer Datenschutzerklärung