Zum Inhalt springen

Inspection after 7 weeks.

Leiywen
 Teilen

Empfohlene Beiträge

I made a post earlier on FB asking for help, since then I've opened up the car to make a detailed inspection. These are the horrors I found...

First is the main drive pinion that drives the middle unit. It's becoming ground down and the teeth becoming mishapen!

The next, I found the middle unit wouldn't tighten down properly any more, I found the little brass ring had deformed, so I used a 2mm small (4mm outer) steel washer, this solves the ring problem and tightens it down nicely again.

Next, I noticed the wheels weren't running smoothly.
After opening the middle unit, I've come to find that the wheel gear has been ground down and damaged, on both sides, but one side more than the other as you can see on the middle unit. Both wheels are wobbling, but one side the slot has been damaged enough that the wheel can wobble and get pushed into the middle unit, you can see where the rubber has polished the plastic.

I'm really surprised it's not using bearings to hold the wheel gear. Here's a 7*4*2 bearing from I removed from a broken cvd on the orlandoo hunter Max. Shave a little off the plastic and it would fit the gear perfectly down to the base. The internal would need to be modified also but but there's plenty of space to fit a bearing.

I've only had it 7 weeks!! Granted I've been driving it hard though (22 on overall board) with roughly 2 full charged runs a day. So looks like this weekend I'll be ordering a new gear set and middle unit.

Bitte melde dich an um Bilder zu sehen.

Hi

Bitte melde dich an um den Link zu sehen.

the Gear-Set (+ all Motors , they wear a Gear too) and the Driving Unit should be replaced. It costs about 55€ w/o shipping fee.

This C&M is due to a mileage of approximately 4.000-5.000 km.

But this pic in particular:

is quite astonishing, because it's a hint for me that you went to often in situations, where your car got pressure from above.

I recommend to use the emergency stop! Turnig the smartphone upside-down will prevent the motors from spinning, while the wheels got stuck.

Greetz

THR3360

Bearbeitet von THR3360

8 minutes ago, THR3360 said:

Hi

the Gear-Set (+ all Motors , they wear a Gear too) and the Driving Unit should be replaced. It costs about 55€ w/o shipping fee.

This C&M is due to a mileage of approximately 4.000-5.000 km.

But this pic in particular:

is quite astonishing, because it's a hint for me that you went to often in situations, where your car got pressure from above.

I recommend to use the emergency stop! Turnig the smartphone upside-down will prevent the motors from spinning, while the wheels got stuck.

Greetz

THR3360

I plan to change them, as is, it's unusable. Have to wait on this weekend for money.
In regards to mileage, I've only done 2.700 +/- Km.
Also, the wheels rubbing on the middle unit in the image is due to the amount of movement there is on the worn wheel gear, there is no pressure above the car.  Therefore when just placing it on the ground, the wheels flex up and rub the middle unit.

Personally, I'd say the 3 gear with the wear should all be bearing mounted to avoid this.  It would mean a couple of redesigned V2  parts in order to place bearings on the 3 important gears, but it is possible.

vor 8 Minuten schrieb Leiywen:

Also, the wheels rubbing on the middle unit in the image is due to the amount of movement there is on the worn wheel gear, there is no pressure above the car.  Therefore when just placing it on the ground, the wheels flex up and rub the middle unit.

Just looked at mine after 5.500 and 4.500 km . You're right, they look the same.

But 2700 km are more than 62 km in real . That's a long distance for these small plastic gears.

My hope is, that graphene inforced polymers will help us with this problem in a few years.

Das wäre doch was,

schon mal an sowas gedacht? Nicht nur Avantgarde in Sachen Simulation, sondern auch in Sachen Werkstoffentwicklung?

First Graphene Limited - https://firstgraphene.net/

Bearbeitet von THR3360

21 minutes ago, THR3360 said:

Just looked at mine after 5.500 and 4.500 km . You're right, they look the same.

But 2700 km are more than 62 km in real . That's a long distance for these small plastic gears.

This is why I say that these 3 gears need to be bearing mounted.  It wouldn't be a big job to redesign the middle unit, chassis and gears to have bearings.  The 7*4*2 that I have from a broken cvd on an orlandoo hunter is perfect size, the parts just need a slight resizing to accept it.  Just a quick redesign to make them V2 parts that take bearings would exponentially increase longevity of the parts that are damaged now.

Dein Kommentar

Du kannst jetzt schreiben und Dich später registrieren. Wenn Du ein Konto hast, melde Dich jetzt an, um unter Deinem Benutzernamen zu schreiben.

Gast
Auf dieses Thema antworten...

×   Du hast formatierten Text eingefügt.   Formatierung jetzt entfernen

Nur 75 Emojis sind erlaubt.

×   Dein Link wurde automatisch eingebettet.   Einbetten rückgängig machen und als Link darstellen

×   Dein vorheriger Inhalt wurde wiederhergestellt.   Editor leeren

×   Du kannst Bilder nicht direkt einfügen. Lade Bilder hoch oder lade sie von einer URL.

Teilen

• Neu erstellen...

Wichtige Information

Um unsere Webseite für Sie optimal zu gestalten und fortlaufend verbessern zu können, verwenden wir Cookies. Durch die weitere Nutzung der Webseite stimmen Sie der Verwendung von Cookies zu. Weitere Informationen zu Cookies erhalten Sie in unserer Datenschutzerklärung