Zum Inhalt springen

Super 8x8 Track

Drone Junkie
 Teilen

Empfohlene Beiträge

Much like my last track this one is set also out on two sheets of white card stock. 
I went for this plan to try to improve my skills, I figure the harder it is the faster I will learn, but the last track was not exactly easy ha ha. 

The lines initially look like utter madness but they really do help a lot for aiming at the corner targets.
I used thin vinyl tapes for them but word of caution, dont lay them down with any tension on them tape as it will for sure lift round the bends. 
There are 3 (maybe 4 lol) paths shown by the lines and the outside oval is great for getting some fast drift on. When you hit the red/black middle line through the drift or have the car fully within that and the inner yellow it is extremely satisfying 🙂

The paths are 
yellow/black (hairpins)
Black/red (figure 8 )
Yellow/yellow for oval
Blue for same side drifts
German lines for perfect drift through ovals. 

The layout is a bit small and I hope to someday make some more room for a bigger track, I would love one of the amazing pre printed ones I see.

Gymkana is good on the track if a little hard. Speed drifts are not so easy as you dont have much runup space. 

More than anything I just love drifting around like a hooligan lol 

I have some 3d printed turnarounds coming for the "corners" just to make it that bit harder (and to stop me cheating lol) I hope they work well. 
see last picture. I will be colouring them into red/white blocks. 
If they do as well as I expect I will add the STL file to the downloads section. 

Time for a quick moan I dont like the lack of reset to straight function as I do end up hitting the walls and its maddening when the car just wants to drive into the wall even after slowing and stopping.  Not to make this a list of woes, im also not a fan of constantly having to reconnect to the car every time. I wonder if I am alone in this. 

I do have an idea for a game with this style of course and will keep you guys updated when I can say more. 
For now I am looking for an arduino pro to help me, the project will be open sourced for you all to build and enjoy. 

Until next time happy Drifting 🙂 

Bitte melde dich an um Bilder zu sehen.

Hello Drone Junkie, 

on the first view your track looks very confusing 🙂 But with the next view it looks like a good idea to have several options on one track. I guess it needs some time to concentrate on the right colors for the track you want to drive through. The idea is great anyway 👍

Am 6.11.2019 um 20:51 schrieb Drone Junkie:

Time for a quick moan I dont like the lack of reset to straight function as I do end up hitting the walls and its maddening when the car just wants to drive into the wall even after slowing and stopping.  Not to make this a list of woes, im also not a fan of constantly having to reconnect to the car every time. I wonder if I am alone in this. 

Usually the robotic is adjusting the drive unit to zero position, after stopping the racer completely. As long as the racer is still trying to move forward the drive unit won't get aligned until you break to a full stop. 
About your reconnecting: When do you have to reconnect? It's just between the different modes (free play, gymkhana, race) after one race or gymkhana is finished and you will start again. Or do you have to reconnect even during driving? I guess no. 

Have fun here and nice dr!fts! 

cheers, 
Christian 

Hi Christian, 

Thanks for your kind words on my artwork 🙂
I think when you are trackside it is easier to see the paths and they do help me aim a little better lol 
Tbh after a while you dont really "see" the whole lines and you just see the end points that lead you to the kerbs. 

The connection thing is when you are doing say a session of gymkhana and the run ends the app goes to the score or restart page 
When on that page the car is still connected as I can see the brake lights flash when I press the screen, so why does it need to reconnect when I try to restart?
I fully accept its only cos im in the flow and want get more racing done but it just seems unnecessary to "reconnect". 

As for crash recovery (which happens a lot on my tiny track ha ha ) it is not always finding center after stopping. 
Many times the crown wheel will not return to forward and will just sit at its last angle. Also sometimes even after returning it sits just off straight and that's when it refuses to come off the wall. I have cleaned my car and still see it happens. I just wish there was a button (like reverse) that is a "yes I know I crashed" button to reset to straight (or even better slightly one way out (that I choose) so I can just drive off and away from the wall) Its so disappointing when the car sucks itself to the wall and it takes sooooooooooo long to slow down the motor to stop, for you to only be able to continue around the wall as the crown is offline and refuses (in my experience) to go straight  or turn away from said wall (seriously, I stop the car and pick it up to find the crown off line towards the wall still (despite my frantic  waving of the phone lol).
I understand over run BUT i've hit a wall, there should be no over run left in my inertia and what of neutral?  
I know there is no way the car can tell its hit the wall so I feel it should be addressed in the app. 

Again, pls anyone reading my woes dont think I am cursing the product, I know my issues are only shown up so much because of the restrictive tracks I have and should no way diminish how awesome this creation is (yes it's that special).  I have a plan for a much bigger track as I need some speed 🙂

Anyway, back to drifting 😛

Wishing any readers clean lines a pure curves 🙂 

The point of the connected car after the run is right. I think it's a bug, too. I will take this point to the "bug report". Sturmkind works a lot on the software, but it's not so easy because there a not so many software developer. If a mistake is eliminated, a new problem will arise. Outsourcing is much expensive. They work on so many points, for example new car engines, ice-Setups, Multiplayer-Mode etc. Dr!ft does not growing fastest, but continuously with the community. I like that point, to be a part from the start of the first kickstarter campaign and now I can challenge with people worldwide. And so many are so much creative! Your track is one of them. See it for the first time, but an cool ideal. Driving school-like!

Everybody knows that problem with crashing car. But look a this video of the gamescom  of the new track barrier (only in german😕) .

I quote the description of the shop: "The parts can be easily assembled to straight lines or curves due to their two different locking positions and their special shape makes it easier to drive away after a collision. You can use them on almost any level surface. "

I can confirm that, it helps the problem to get out of the way.  But don't forget: it's a simulation. When you make an accident you will lose a lot of time. Drive smooth and fast 😉

Dein Kommentar

Du kannst jetzt schreiben und Dich später registrieren. Wenn Du ein Konto hast, melde Dich jetzt an, um unter Deinem Benutzernamen zu schreiben.

Gast
Auf dieses Thema antworten...

×   Du hast formatierten Text eingefügt.   Formatierung jetzt entfernen

Nur 75 Emojis sind erlaubt.

×   Dein Link wurde automatisch eingebettet.   Einbetten rückgängig machen und als Link darstellen

×   Dein vorheriger Inhalt wurde wiederhergestellt.   Editor leeren

×   Du kannst Bilder nicht direkt einfügen. Lade Bilder hoch oder lade sie von einer URL.

Teilen

• Neu erstellen...

Wichtige Information

Um unsere Webseite für Sie optimal zu gestalten und fortlaufend verbessern zu können, verwenden wir Cookies. Durch die weitere Nutzung der Webseite stimmen Sie der Verwendung von Cookies zu. Weitere Informationen zu Cookies erhalten Sie in unserer Datenschutzerklärung